Tabula Rasa Patch Notes 1.7
Tabula Rasa FanSite News
Posted on 29 April 2008 at 20:03:16 by Magi
Tabula Rasa Patch Notes 1.7
Patch Notes for 1.7
**Rangers, Spies, and Snipers were given a respec due to ability changes
- Improved lighting in Character Selection & Character Creation windows.
- We are working on the female avatars in an effort to make them more
- Refined female stances on all weapon types.
- Refined female body shape on Motor Assist armor sets.
Maps and Missions
- Respawns: Palisades, Incline, and Plains have had their spawns
significantly adjusted to better balance spawn across the full map. Divide
and Wilderness have had spot adjustments to remove a few excessively tough
- Aggro adjustments: Bane and other aggressive mobs on Wilderness, Divide,
Plains, Mires, Plateau, and Marshes have adjustments to their aggro groups.
You will no longer be able to shoot a Bane in the back and expect that his
buddies won't notice. Also, higher level mobs will react smarter and more
violently than their lower level counterparts.
- The Atta Queen will no longer dodge.
- All creatures are now more aggressive in entering combat and will
typically return fire much quicker than previously witnessed.
- Creatures will now consistently call for help from allied creatures within
a short distance around them. This may make combat significant more
challenging in some areas, please proceed with caution.
- Most creatures capable of summoning additional creatures will not do so
while under the direct influence or control of a player.
- All humanoid NPCs should now display the correct turning animation when in
- Bane control point pistol and grenadier Thrax bosses now have a unique
Classes & CombatGeneral Changes
- Pets will now receive a damage bonus from the number of points their
master places in their Mind attribute.
- Enemies will now have a chance to drop rare Healing Disks and Repair
Ranger Class Changes
- Stealth armor will now reduce the wearers radar signature in PvP duels.
The distance that a player will show up will change depending on how many
skill points they place in the skill and how many pieces of Stealth armor
they are wearing.
- Fire Support (Replaces Carpet Bombing) - HQ has tactical weapons such as
various bombs and ion cannons on hand and ready for a Ranger to call into
use. By using micro-mech, the Ranger can flag areas or specific enemies with
beacons to be the targets of these weapons. Once a beacon is in place, a
delay occurs while the weapons are prepped and teleported through logos to
- Rank 1 - This ability functions similar to how Carpet Bombing 1 did
- Rank 2 - Ion Strike. The ranger can now call in a powerful laser that
is centered on one target and does damage and has the chance to stun
anyone with in a small radius around the target.
- Rank 3 - This ability functions similar to how Carpet Bombing 2 did
- Rank 4 - Ion Strike 2. A more powerful version of Ion Strike, this
ability has a larger radius, does more damage, and has a longer stun.
- Rank 5 - Napalm. The ranger can call down powerful napalm bombs to set
an area ablaze; damaging any enemies within the area.
- Spotter (Replaces Reinforcements) - Tap into the Waypoint Network and open
a gate, bringing an ally on to the battlefield to provide combat support.
Once the ability's energy is expended the ally will return to base. While
active, this Spotter will enhance your Radar by negating the effects of
enemy Stealth technologies. Spending more skill points will add to all
spotters ability to see enemy stealthers.
- Tactical Evasion (Replaces Polarity Field) - The Ranger can utilize Logos
to get themselves into and out of a fight while suffering minimal damage.
- Rank 1 - Mag Flash 1 - Nearby enemies will be unable to target for a
- Rank 2 - Smoke Screen 1 - Creates a ring of smoke that interferes with
enemy targeting; those with in the smoke screen will take less ranged
damage for a short time.
- Rank 3 - Mag Flash 2 - More powerful version of Mag Flash 1
- Rank 4 - Smoke Screen 2 - More powerful version of Smoke Screen 2 that
offers more damage mitigation.
- Rank 5 - Tactical Retreat - Creates a beacon that the Ranger will
teleport back to after a short time.
- Cloak Wave - The signature ability of the Spy now creates a light
displacement field around the spy shrouding the player and nearby squad
members in a bubble of limited invisibility. In PvE combat this will drop
aggro of enemies and cause them to wander away. In PvP combat this will
render the Spy and her squad invisible to enemy players unless they are very
close to their target. Attacking, taking damage, or using abilities will
break the invisibility though.
- Polarity Field (moved from the Ranger and replaces Mag Flash) - This
ability exploits holes in the target's armor allowing specific damage types
access to its most vulnerable areas. Each rank of Polarity Field adds a
damage type and additional resistance reduction that gets added to the base.
The more points players add into this ability the more powerful every rank
- Rank 1 - Electric Polarity Field
- Rank 2 - Photonic Polarity Field
- Rank 3 - Kinetic Polarity Field
- Rank 4 - Incendiary Polarity Field
- Rank 5 - Cryogenic Polarity Field
- Blades - Because of the greatly increased combat effectiveness of the Spy
and Ranger abilities the damage of all swords has been reduced.
- Polymorph - No changes were made.
- Loading screen tips: Tips now appear at the bottom of the loading screen
when you’re loading into a map.
- Cool down timers: When you have a game effect on you, a green overlays
appear over buffs and red overlays appear over debuffs. This overlay will
decrease to show how long the buff/debuff will be on you.
- Trade cancellation: When you send out a trade request, you now get a trade
request status updater ping that you can click to cancel the request.
- Map levels: When you look in the map tree view, you will now see level
ranges of the maps.
- Target Lock: the reticule has been updated to more clearly show that you
have locked onto a target. Also, locked targets will now appear with a
slight glow, and will appear as a lock symbol in your radar map.
- Palisades Staging Point Vendor now sells appropriate level trauma kits.
- Typos fixed in various Palisades missions.
- Floating objects in Minos Caverns, Descent, and Bootcamp have been
returned to the ground.
- Plains Targets of Opportunity: The Phanin Collusion was erroneously giving
credit for the Operations Completion objective. The correct mission is
Kardash Key Information.
- Bane Hunting Parties on Palisades have had their patrol paths changed so
they no longer get hung up by the river.
- Elder Quillas on Wilderness has been evicted from his tree hut and now
resides further up the hillside path from his previous location.
- Fixed several stuck locations on Palisades, Ashen Desert.
- The Plains Security Threat mission will no longer drop two Phanin Research
- Fixed bug that displayed HTML code in Bootcamp Last Stand mission.
- Commander Zaita in Divide Foreas Base no longer floats above the ground.
- Plains Targets of Opportunity mission no longer available at level 4.
- Plains Rock and Rumble mission now gives level-appropriate treasure.
- Mires “Targets of Opportunity” – “Complete All Operations” now
completes for Energy
- Weapons Center with mission “The Strongest Link”. This previously
would complete with the optional mission “Incursion Invasion,” sometimes
breaking the ToO mission.
- Plateau “Stainless Steel Bloodhound” – Dropped Modified Bane
Sentinel escort down to level 30, to insure that it can be destroyed by
- Pravus Research “Pirate Radio” – Mission giver Info Specialist
Johnson has be relocated to the pillbox area, right next to Lt. Perkins, to
create better mission flow. Pre-requisite on “Pirate Radio” has also
- Bane Constription Facility mission "What Makes Them Tick" now
has indicator for completion.
- Collision problems with trees in Palisades have been repaired.
- Eloh Vale graveyard now appears with correct name.
- Retread Caves Mad Bomber's bombs have been toughened up.
- Fixed stuck and gap locations on Marshes, Pools, Howling Maw, and Descent.
- Lasers will now kill Bane as well as humans in Purgas Station.
- Corporal Barbeau on Palisades now has weaker regen.
- Crab mines will now acquire targets much faster then before.
- Fixed the visual error that when Polymorph is cast it skins both the
creature and avatar mesh to the same skeleton.
- Fixed a crafting bug that was preventing players from adding a fourth
modification to blue or purple armor.
- Fixed a bug that prevented vampiric and resistance reducing modifications
on propellant guns from functioning.
- There were roughly 70 mission rewards that previously gave out armor or
tools with incorrect requirements. These items have been adjusted and now
have the correct requirements.
- All tools will now play reload sound effects.
- Sonic pistols will display correctly and no longer exactly like physical
- The alternate attack for Blades now correctly does physical damage
regardless of the type of blade used.
- The tool tip for Rushing Blow has been cleaned up to be less confusing.
- The debuff icon for Called Shot Rank 1 now matches the tool tip.
- Physical Rifles will now play a reload sound effect.
- Item Repair costs now display correctly based on video resolution and
- Fixed a bug that cause a weapon's ammunition to be reduced when placed
into a footlocker.
- Fixed an issue with text not lining up for buttons in low resolutions.
- Fixed an issue that caused characters to appear online in lists if other
player quits the client.
- New intro video added to Plateau.
- Some tooltip errors have been corrected.
- Server population is now marked with an icon instead of a label
- Some default icons have been replaced
- Various sound bugs have been fixed
- Several new sounds have been added
- Some usability updates to the UI have been made to make the UI more
- Radial and Conical Heal and Repair tools have been combined and replaced
with ‘Area’ heal tools. Using the main attack button for the Direct tool
will heal your targeted ally, but not having a target will result in no
action taking place. Using the alternate attack button will result in the
user being targeted and healed. The radial and conical tools have been
combined into one area of effect tool for ease of use. Using the main attack
button on the new Area tool will heal allies in a radius around the user.
Using the alt attack button will heal allies in a cone in front of the user.
- The turrets an Engineer can summon have had their health and damage
reduced because of an improvement to their AI.
- Characters now receive a message upon logging in if they need to make room
in their inventory for special rewards.
- "Release the Hounds" missions is now removed from the Mires
Targets of Opportunity "Complete All Story Missions" Objective due
to completion problems with groups.
- "You're The Guy" & "Confidential Delivery"
missions have both been removed from the Mires Targets of Opportunity
"Complete All Story Missions" objective. These were removed
because players that chose an alternate mission course would not be able to
complete the requirement.
- In the Abyss mission, "Keys to the City" you are no longer able
lock the rest of the instance after resetting.
- The mobs in Ruins of Tampeii should now drop better loot.
- Fixed an issue that caused performance problems on several maps.
- Changes were made to the Bring-A-Friend code that would limit aggro on
mobs not in an aggro group. This prevents lone mobs from aggroing several
aggro groups at once.
- Armor dye schematics are now dropping from mobs Level 4+.
Fixed Known Issues
- Fixed an issue if you are running the client in full screen mode and alt
tab during a loading screen, the game may crash.
- Mission: Control the Brain (Chaukas) is now completable.
- Fixed Turpis Refinery: Exit Dropship was too high off the dropship pad and
caused issues when exiting.
- Mission: Provision Procurement: Eloh Vale, Palisades Instance: Mission
Objectives now share for squads.
- RPG/Grenades now receive the proper damage increase from item rarity. This
is true for every level, and damage type of RPG launcher.
- Fixed an issue when ducking behind cover to sometimes decrease the amount
of damage the player does.
- Fixed an issue that prevented a player from adding a 4th modification to a
blue or purple item though the crafting station.
- ATI 9800 Radeon Pro AGP card users may have sky distortion when graphics
settings are on low.
- Some Exobiologist skills do not work correctly in PvP.
- Ranger Reinforcements are not doing melee damage.
- Line of Sight targeting/Cover has some bugs that we are working to
- ATI 9800 Radeon Pro AGP card users may have sky disortion when graphics
settings are on low.
- When using a cartridge ammo based pistol (with a clip of 20) if you hold
down the mouse button and use the auto-fire the gun will eventually stop
working and you will have to release the mouse button and reclick it to
restart the auto-fire.
- If you attempt to use one of the Personal Waypoints, but move your
character to interrupt it being used, the graphic will still appear in front
of the character.
- Missions: Crucible: Refusing to help the AWOLs completes the Other Side of
the Coin mission, and fails the Stray Cats mission. This should be the
- Tooltips for health/armor/buffs disappear when taking damage If you are
attempting to mouse over your health bar to get the number read out for
example, while a player is shooting you. The tool tip will appear and then
- When selecting different locations to travel to through the dropship menu
on the Planet Areki will often tell a player they are going to the wrong
location. You go to the right place, the menu is just incorrect.
- There is a global sound bug where different sounds will fade in and out or
stop playing all together after longer periods of time and/or intense, large
scale battles. You may notice that you will hear one sound while another
player does not. We're working to resolve this issue.
||Read : 2718 | Back